Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Day In The Life Of A Moving Girl. (SIU & read it)

So today was definitely (I just figured out I can never spell definitely right) one day filled of complete randomness. But in the end I got a lot done and spent some great quality time with great friends.

I started off the day by doing a bunch of this---
PACKING.
Let me tell you something, packing can be two things, completely stressing and completely comforting both at the same time. I am filled with amazement concerning the amount of crap that I have and want to bring with me. I think the whole fitting it in boxes and bags is the most stressful, and finding out what I'm really going to need. In complete awe, one of the hardest things was actually bagging my clothes because I didn't want to ruin some of my most prized shopping bags, (cute Henri Bendels, Lilly's, Bloomy's, Coach) pathetic, I know, yet quite hilarious. But I believe that the best part of packing is finding those things that bring back so many good old memories. Like the box of pictures I found from Madison and the beginning of Astronaut. The massive amounts of school work I still have and reminded me, dang how did I ever make it through that class? Things that would be useless junk to others but to you it's a treasure. Or the old letters I found from friends, family, and lovers. Reading them brought tears (and I never cry) but totally amazed me at how things used to be and how much I've changed and grown (trust me all of you in high school are going to be amazed when you graduate). But it was also quite stunning when I found the massive amounts of old clothes that I still have that DON'T EVEN FIT ME ANYMORE. (quite depressing for ladies). Reminded me of my skinny figure I used to obtain Freshman year, when all I used to do is run..and eat anything and everything. It's weird now because I'm not running as much, but also not eating as much and I'm still bigger. See working out is a win win. Eat whatever you want, and workout and feel awesome about yourself! So anyways, this dilemma caused me to take many breaks to read my new favorite book.......
(DONT GIVE UP HERE-----> KEEP READING)

.
DON'T BE DECEIVED BY THE NAME.
This book, is seriously one of the most comical books I have EVER read. I got hooked on it when I took a trip up to NYC this summer and decided to pick up a copy. The book basically talks about becoming a vegetarian (something I could NEVER do) I love my meat. So I purely read it for entertainment and the witty comical effect, not to mention the healthy recipes and organic brands listed as approved to buy. The book talks about how almost everything is bad for you, but puts it in comical settings..let me give you a taste of it. "Pinch a loaf. Drop the kids off at the pool. Let's face it; there is no greater pleasure than taking a big, steamy dump. But crapping isn't just for kicks. It is a vital tool for weight loss and optimal health. Basic math, girls. How much are you putting in your mouth, and how much is coming out of your butt? Now that you've learned the right foods to eat and which ones to avoid, you should be a dynamo in the bathroom." The pooping chapter is one of my favorites. :) This book just cracks me up in general because it basically talks about how EVERYTHING is bad for you, one of the worsts is dairy. We all know I would never take this book seriously and to have some proof I enjoyed a nice....
yep that's right, cup of YOGURT.
aka FILLED with dairy products..because it is one. But I love my daily cup of yog and could never imagine giving it up.

Now what was I doing while I was packing, because we all know that I CAN NOT sit in pure silence and just listen to myself fold clothes and put things in boxes..so I lived out my newfoundlove of some good music. What music is that? That's the music of..
PAUL MCCARTNEY.

That's right, I like to bring it back. Some of my favorites by him being..Let It Be, Calico Skies, and Here Today. He is a music legend and I feel so privileged to have gotten to see him this year in New York. I recently found out that he shopped at Lilly Pulitzer in NYC last week. When the text messaged arrived in my inbox saying he was there all I could think was..."What was he buying?" "Please come to the Lilly in Winter Park" and "If I was working I probably would have passed out."

After a morning full of packing, and dishwashing I finally had the chance to go out and be with friends/family. The first round of family haircuts (Greg & Keegan) was a Kodak moment. Let me tell you I was a proud wiffy and mother. (If you are wondering, Greg is my "husband" (not really) and Keegan is our "son" (of coarse I'm too young to have any of these so this is just all fun and games) but they really are like my family, supportive and loving. Then dinner was fun of coarse, I hate stupid fortune cookies. "A much needed vacation will be excitement" or something stupid like that. haha. Then seeing Greg flick rice across the room was enough to cause me to stop breathing while I was laughing, trying so hard to grab a breath. But the family picture definitely topped the day off. (I had to spell check definitely again). Thanks to Kyle for taking the picture, and Alex, thanks for holding my starbucks for me...what a trooper. I would load a family picture, but of coarse Greg is photoshopping all of my flaws out so it's not up yet..maybe tomorrow.

One of the most joyful moments of the day was going to Breakaway, my home away from home. It was so awesome to see soo many new people! God is doing amazing things and it's so AWESOME! I'm so blessed to have the privilege to be able to still come to youth group even when I move away, and I'll also have the opportunity to be a part of a college group in Orlando! woot woot! I love Breakaway so much and all the people apart of it!

So today was just random: successfulness in packing, family time, friend time, God time, laughs, tears, scripture, and just overall goodness. Tomorrow is going to be a big day, packing up the car and the rest of my junk.

Thanks for reading, hope it didn't kill you or bore you to death, and if it did, well sorry for you, find some other blog with witty eye catching lines, juicy gossip, but mine is REAL, AUTHENTIC.

There is a time for everything; and a season for every activity.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

With love&honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment